So you might notice an arachnoidal addition to my Yahoo avatar. This is to celebrate me getting used to the fact that 'round here, anything left undisturbed for more than about four days will become covered in webs. For an indifferent housekeeper like me, this is taking some getting used to.

Here is our latest house guest:



Allow me to provide some context... the gray-green background is our couch back cushions, viewed from above looking down. The red/black part is a Celtic-patterned blanket, lying over the couch back. The webs are webs (a classic tunnel shape), and the freakin' huge spider is a freakin' huge spider. I ought to have put something in for scale, but I didn't want to get close. The thing wouldn't have comfortably fit on a loonie, anyway. We don't use that blanket very much, so Mr. Spider moved right in underneath it.

Yiiccch.

Now I don't want to even go into our back bedroom.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous said...

    IIIIEIEEEEEWWWWWWW!
    And on behalf of His Nibs : "Guh".

    I am SO glad things freeze around here. The tunnel spiders in my basement, who may be distant cousins to your...um...newly adopted child...could probably fit on a quarter, if I'd stop vacuuming them up.  

  2. Anonymous said...

    Heh, I still remember going into my bathroom for the first time when I was in Brazil. It looked quite clean, with the black speckled white tile. Then I turned on the shower... AND THE BLACK SPECKS ALL STARTED MOVING!!

    Yeah, takes some getting used to.  

  3. Suz said...

    You're mean.  

  4. Amy said...

    Oh, I'm *sure* there were no spiders in that couch when you slept on it. Positive! Well, almost positive. Pretty sure, anyway.

    Heh.  

 

Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.