Announcer 1: ... and there is still no update from the Inishmore in California. It's been three days now, and we're getting very worried... wait! Wait! Bob, is that you?
Announcer 2: Yes it is, Bob!
Announcer 1: Where on Earth have you been?
Announcer 2: It's a complicated story, Bob. Let's just say that you can't put too many oranges into a dufflebag.
Announcer 1: OOoookay, Bob. But we're all waiting to hear about Inishmore!
Announcer 2: Well, as you can see, Bob, the front and back are done, and a strong start has been made in the Synchronized Sleeve event.
Announcer 1: Are the front and back actually longer than I remember, Bob?
Announcer 2: Well spotted, Bob! Yes, Amy made the daring decision to lengthen the body by a couple of inches after realizing that cropped styles make her look like a bowling pin, and that she'd rather have a wearable sweater than a Knitting Olympic gold.
Announcer 1: A bold decision, Bob! Best of luck to Amy, and we go now to the Short Doily event in progress.

----

So this is actually less progress on Inishmore than I had hoped to make, but there was Stitches and Dundracon to distract me this weekend. I spent a fair bit of money at Stitches (I'm employed now! Don't you judge me!) but actually less than I'd expected because the market was just overwhelming. I went into ferret shock and just started wandering around with eyes like saucers and a slight thread of drool hanging from my chin. A-freakin'-mazing.

Dundracon was really good too. We only went for Saturday, but it was bigger than I'd expected and the LARP lineup was pretty impressive. I chose the 7th Sea one, being a sucker for the genre, and did not regret it. Despite not registering, I landed a key role* and had a great time. A long LARP, though... seven hours!

I was very glad that Monday was a holiday so that we could rest up from the weekend.




* Amusing incident: I was talking with an ST beforehand about what character I could play, and she said "Well, I've got a fairly central character here... do you think you can play arrogant, manipulative and condescending?" I actually laughed before I realized she didn't know me from a hole in the ground and was not being funny.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous said...

    But she learned, didn't she? Oh, she learned.

    (sigh)  

  2. Suz said...

    Seven hours? I'd fall asleep instantly after that! Although, I suppose we used to spend whole weekends doing this stuff. Of course, I don't think it was as intense as a one-shot where you had to be in character the whole time. Well, anyway, I know you impressed everyone there. Nice dress, btw. ;)  

 

Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.