Rainy Monday

So I've been getting comments here from People I Don't Know*, which is exciting and nerve-wracking at the same time. I know I have to have strong feelings of some sort before I leave a comment on a blog (I am one of nature's lurkers) so thank you, those who bothered to comment. On the other hand, I feel that I should make sure there are no false pretenses here.

Despite the Knitting Olympic coverage, this isn't a knitting blog. This blog is me being lazy and not wanting to e-mail a huge cc list of non-geographically-proximate friends with periodic updates. Therefore this isn't really written with a wide audience in mind. That's not to say a wide audience is unwelcome, and if you find anything entertaining and/or informative here I'm glad. But there will be in-jokes, and consistancy of topics is not guaranteed.

(I will step aside to let the stampede of no-longer-readers leave :))

Anyway, now that I'm gainfully employed, we can start working our way down our list of shallow-consumer-pseudo-happiness-material-goods-to-acquire. So in an amazing feat of timing, R:tAG and I have finally bought bikes. The timing is poor because it is raining, and will keep raining for weeks according to the Weather Experts.** But we can now work on lowering the appalling national statistic of 90% of trips outside the home using a car. For us, this is probably even higher because we live in suburbia, there is very little within a half-hour walk and until now we were bikeless.***

Oh, and we saw Night Watch yesterday, and I loved it. Y'all should see it. Really. It's the first of a trilogy and I am really really looking forwards to the rest.

And Mirrormask is out on DVD now, so you have no excuse for not buying at least one copy and preferably more.



* I assume that the Anonymous comments are from lazy friends. Mind you, most of my friends know what "emancipated" means. So maybe not.

** Who also predicted snow in our area last week, which didn't happen at all.

***And someone is making me feel like a complete slug for not knowing every square inch of my neighbourhood by now.

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous said...

    You're so emancipated from all that knitting you did, I bet you could wear the string bikini you knitted. Knitter.

    I will believe that this is not a 'knitting' blog when I see the proof. And the proof, as they say, is in the pudding. But I'm too emancipated to eat pudding, so, you know, phooey on me.

    Sigh.

    Is this too rude? Am I being too much of an ass? I can't tell. Wait, is this thing on?  

  2. neuba said...

    Not at all cenobyte, you are just being you! :0

    As for Mirrormask, I am very excited to go and rent it and watch it. This 'no dvd purchasing because of school' is hard. I think that was a 'Jeff rule' cuz I certainly would have never thought up something that crazy.

    Ever since you mentioned how awesome Mirrormask was I have been watching for it to show up in the theatres. As far as I could tell, it didn't come to any of the theatres here. I guess I don't have to wait for it in theatres anymore, may the renting begin.  

  3. Anonymous said...

    >>most of my friends know what "emancipated" means.

    We do, but some of us don't touch-type (or proofread until someone points it out) and there doesn't seem to be a way to correct the typo to "emaciated" after the fact. In defense, the two spellings are fairly similar :-)  

  4. Anonymous said...

    If I could speak for at least some of your non-geographically-proximate friends...Let's hear something about your new job! I'm emacated from emanticipation!  

  5. Anonymous said...

    Hi Amy - what email are you using these days? Trying to find you... can you email me at my Usask account? - Sonia :)  

  6. Carl said...

    There was definitely snow on the east mountains a couple days last week, and on the weekend there was even snow on the south mountains. So I don't know that predicting snow was that far from reasonable. I do hope it stops raining soon.  

  7. neuba said...

    Yes, yes...I agree with Terry. I have been waiting in anticipation about the new job. Each day I hope for a 'job' post.  

 

Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.