Not a knitting blog!

I see that I am described as the "Mad Doily Woman" on someone's blog. My righteous outrage was muted somewhat by finishing this:


I have absolutely no idea what I'm going to do with it but it was fun to make.* Except for the part where I kept finding breaks in the thread, and then finally found a little carpet-beetle larva corpse nestled in the spool. I guess it died happy and with a stomach full of cotton, but the little bugger meant that I have about ten ends to deal with, which is a... challenge with lace.

But this isn't a knitting blog! Here's proof! The Word Cloud shows words with their size proportional to their use on a site. Some people don't like them, but I think they're interesting. So as you can see, knitting...

Well, obviously the recent Knitting Olympic posts skewed the results. Obviously.**

Our bikes remain pristine in the garage, but we can't really use the weather as an excuse. There have been some rainy days, but some nice ones. My excuse is that I haven't been getting home before dark. R:tAG's excuse (since biking to work is feasible for him) is that it's too cold (!). He has gone completely native.

I can't believe that there is demand for a post describing my job. Maybe later, when I can't think of anything else to talk about.




* Which reminds me of my favourite comment about crochet: "It's like taking a big dump... it feels good while you're doing it, but what do you do with the result?" And before all you fanatic crocheters respond, I present Exhibit A, Exhibit B , Exhibit C and Exhibit D. I do like some crochet, but it's mostly very fine-gauge stuff. Mostly.

** It is a measure of my geekiness, I suppose, that I started thinking of ways to improve the algorithm. For example, Virginia and Woolf show as fairly common, despite only appearing in the header. I wonder if the generator could ignore text inside title or header tags? I also find it surprising that "ant" doesn't appear, but I am happy that "yay" does. Yay!

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous said...

    lol, I love being included in the "some people" category. ;)  

  2. Anonymous said...

    For some reason I really like seeing bob in there so clearly. I kinda miss bob and bob.  

  3. Amy said...

    If some people do not appreciate Mirrormask, they are not worthy of being called by their names. :)

    Bob and Bob might make a comeback if I ever do anything else that's worthy of an announcer-track...  

  4. Unknown said...

    Hey, the day you wanted me to bike to work it rained heavily. My snow-sense has been replaced by rain-sense. :-p  

  5. Amy said...

    No, no, no, I meant that I was outraged at being called the "Mad Doily Woman" but I lost quite a bit of moral high ground by completing a doily. Duh. :)  

 

Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.