Owie

Not only my brain is turning to cream cheese. I am terribly, terribly out of shape (not that I was ever really in shape). But yesterday we went up to The City (this was not us) and hung around with Dancin' Jen (now to be known as Cicada Jen, for her new fetish) and walked and walked and walked and went to a lot of cool places, and had sushi, and then I went to a dance class with her that was two hours of non-stop muscley goodness. And now I can't hardly raise my hands or feet. I think I'll check out the local studio to see if I can find my missing muscle tone.

Oh, and by the way, SQUEEEEEEEE!!! I can't believe it's taken this long for someone to get the idea that the Discworld books would make good movies. I just hope they don't screw it up (yeah, yeah, I know, "you must be new here...")

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous said...

    HA!
    You didn't learn your lesson, though. You don't need *more* exercise and dancing, silly. This is your body's way of telling you that not only is your brain more important than your muscles, but that the lowest point of potential energy you can occupy is best for every system in your body. What you need to do is get a very comfortable air mattress, put it on the floor, and at the left side of you, a pile of knitting. At the right side of you, a pile of books. You need a beer fridge on wheels and a microwave oven within reach.

    Oh, and a nice cushion to lean on when you want to sit up.

    Pfeh. Who ever heard of exercise being *good* for you?

    Heh. Just heard a great quote : "I'd like Ibuprofen a lot more if she wore tall black boots"  

  2. Anonymous said...

    Thank you very kindly for looking out for dancin' cicada Jen. She is now telling me stories about what she saw and heard in the mission that are making me glad I didn't hear the stories while she was still there.

    Crazy people. :(  

  3. Anonymous said...

    Like Lego? How 'bout knitting? What of machinery? Enjoy Lego knitting machines!

    Happy new year, and all sorts of warm wishes.  

  4. Anonymous said...

    The thing I liked best about this post is that you hyperlinked "a" and "of". Not so common, really. I could hardly click the link fast enough. Thank you for subverting the dominant paradigm. Cheers!

    Now I have to wonder if there'll be hyperlinked punctuation in the next post. :)  

  5. Anonymous said...
 

Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.