http://www.cantrip.org/stupidity.html

And on a completely unrelated note, I think that the thrift stores here are better than the thrift stores in Saskatoon. Maybe it's just that I found exactly what I wanted and was looking for and something I wanted but wasn't looking for and something that is probably completely useless since I don't LARP regularly any more but which I couldn't resist for $3.50. Maybe it's that when I went to thrift stores in Saskatoon, I was usually looking for something specific, which as all thrift shop habituees know, sets one up for disappointment.

But the stuff in the local Goodwill seemed in better shape and more current than the stuff in, say, Value Village, which seems to stay in that narrow zone between old enough to be cool and new enough to be cool. It was more like being in Winners' than Value Village. Well, OK, that thrift store smell was still there, but for example there were a whole bunch of formal dresses with the shop tags still on them.

Maybe pictures to follow, if I can find the camera and the charger, and everything doesn't melt in the freakin' 41C heat. Of course, it's announced as 105 and although I know it's in Fahrenheit I still get an involuntary spasm of panic... "It's above boiling! Aaaaaaahh!"

Oh, and on yet another unrelated topic, here is an open letter to SGI:

I miss you. I never appreciated everything you did for me. I was inconsiderate, and there were times where I even said unkind words about you. But now that I'm with someone else, I understand how much you meant to me. I hope you know that I think about you a lot... all this past week when I was getting quotes, and today when I look at my bank balance and realize that I'm paying four times as much for less coverage. I only hope that someday, maybe, we can get together again and put all this behind us. I miss you so much.

Sigh.


3 comments:

  1. neuba said...

    "A stupid creature will harass you for no reason, for no advantage, without any plan or scheme and at the most improbable times and places. You have no rational way of telling if and when and how and why the stupid creature attacks. When confronted with a stupid individual you are completely at his mercy. Because the stupid person's actions do not conform to the rules of rationality, it follows that:
    a) one is generally caught by surprise by the attack; b) even when one becomes aware of the attack, one cannot organize a rational defense, because the attack itself lacks any rational structure."

    This sounds awlfully familiar on gaming evenings when the clock strikes, oh 10:00pm. I am sure others will attest to it.  

  2. Anonymous said...

    There are however people who by their improbable actions not only cause damage to other people but in addition hurt themselves. They are a sort of super-stupid

    "Super-stupid" I was hoping for a more intellectual sounding name, but that does describe it...  

  3. Unknown said...

    Ah yes, 10pm, the "pumpkin time" for Marcia! I remember it well! :-)  

 

Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.