This was the second weekend in a row that I was sick. Blargh.

Last weekend, it was the Western Canadian Lingering Lung Crud, which at least left me ambulatory. This weekend, it was some food poisoning/stomach flu thing that R:tAG might have given to me… he’d been under the weather all week and finally felt close to normal on Saturday, then Sunday I woke up knowing that I was going to be spending all day horizontal, sucking on ice cubes, with a bucket beside me. At least for me it was over after one day.* I guess between us we had the extremes of feeling kinda-sorta-bad for a long time, or really wretched for a short time. On the whole I prefer the “really wretched for a short time,” except when it is on a weekend day that I’d planned to use for other purposes.

What other purposes, you ask? Well, there’s this event coming up that I’d really like to attend, but it requires a costume. It’s the French Revolution Picnic and since I’ve been thinking about making a general purpose working-class Elizabethan outfit for a while,** and since I think that could easily be turned into working-class Revolutionary (it’s all about the accessories), and since I tend to need a concrete purpose before I can motivate myself to do anything, why not?

Getting R:tAG kitted up in time might be more of a challenge. At least time and budget pretty much dictate peasant revolutionaries instead of aristos.




* I was better enough this morning to come to work, but I’m still feeling the effects of not being able to eat or drink anything for all of yesterday. Well, more accurately, having nothing stay eaten or drunk yesterday. You really needed to know that, didn’t you? You’re welcome.

** I’ve got most of the material already, it’s just been patiently waiting…

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous said...

    Thank the Cosmos you two are well. Oh and I have faith in you. You will have both you and R:Tag ready and looking good. 8)  

  2. Anonymous said...

    French Revolution picnic! Awe man, take me!  

  3. chad said...
    This comment has been removed by the author.
  4. chad said...

    Ah, yes, the "general purpose" working-class Elizabethan outfit.

    Not to be confused, or course, with more specific working-class Elizabethan outfits--which one might only bring out for certain occasions. :)  

  5. Anonymous said...

    The title of this post is from a song I knew as a little kid - a song about "Green and Yellow" sung by Pete Seeger and someone else. I'd love to get ahold of that song. Any ideas?  

 

Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.