I'm still at work. Bleah.

Still, this is a breather before the storm of the next two months, wherein we will be visited by friends, relatives (possibly from both sides) and also become visitors ourselves at two weddings in two different countries, three days apart.

Normal people try to spread this out over a whole year, I think.

This weekend, we caught up with Jeff D., a friend from Toontown who was in the Bay Area on business. It was great to see him again, and I am happy we moved to a place that is easy to get to and that people commonly pass through. As much as I love Toontown, neither of those things are true there. We went to see Little Miss Sunshine, which I really liked. It has a dance number that immediately went into my Pantheon of Nail-Bitingly Repellant Performances.* It is not a kid's movie; there were a couple of pre-teens in the audience when we went, and I can't imagine what the parents were thinking.

So I was thinking of combining two of my self-improvement goals by telling myself that I would only buy yarn that I'd biked or walked to get. From now on, that is (she says, hiding the latest $80 bill**). There are three decent yarn shops within a half-hour or so bike ride, after all. I still haven't found a yoga or pilates class that fits my schedule, so I'd like to do something active, but on the other hand my dance class is twice a week now.*** I have to reduce my aphid level, after all.

In other news, I woke up on Friday morning and my head was covered in ants. That was pretty horrible. Every other place we've had ants in the house, their entry point was obvious, and liberal application of repellants and traps solved the problem. The bedroom is different; I can't find where they're coming in, and (except for that one time during the heat wave, and on Friday morning) they don't congregate. It's just that every time you look at the bed, there're three or four ants on it.

Random Amusements:

700 Things Mr. Welch Can No Longer Do During An RPG
Lord of the Peeps
Five Geek Social Fallacies - maybe I don't miss LARPing all that much
What to do when you can't win an argument - maybe I really don't miss LARPing all that much.



* The other current members being, of course, "Springtime for Hitler" from The Producers and "Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You" from Drop Dead Gorgeous

** But it was for gifts! That doesn't count!

*** I'm taking the Beginner/Intermediate class as well as the Beginner class. It is so damn much fun!

6 comments:

  1. cenobyte said...

    iew.
    And again, iew.

    Antie Amy.

    HA!  

  2. neuba said...

    I hope I don't wake up with ants on my head when we come to visit.

    I have already had my share of ants this summer.  

  3. Amy said...

    Cenobyte: Anty Amy. Hee! Today, the dirty laundry basket was a wriggling mass of ants. At least they're off my head.

    Neuba: I've never seen ants in the guest room. If they show up when you're there, you'll know that it's your pheromenes.

    Cori: Ooooohhh... I forgot about Donnie Darko. Yep, that's in the pantheon also.  

  4. cenobyte said...

    Maybe those ants have a nest in your mattress.  

  5. Amy said...

    Thank you *very* much.  

  6. Anonymous said...

    Hey, at least they aren't cockroaches.  

 

Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.