Like she said, I’ve been waiting for something interesting to happen so’s I can blog about it.

But nothing interesting is happening, which means no blog post, which leads to concerned e-mails from friends regarding the state of my mental and physical health.

To reassure everyone, I’m fine, in possession of all my limbs, not homeless, and not being stalked. I just got a bit weary of the 1-2-3 narrative style blogging, which reminded me of the diary I kept as a child that quickly devolved into a recital of what we had for supper each night. Not that I was obsessed with food or anything* but that’s all I could think of to record.** I like to keep my thoughts firmly inside my skull, thank you very much.

So, on with the minutiae. I tried knitting with wire, and made a very pretty necklace from this pattern though mine ended up a bit different due to my choice of beads and wire (I should really put more pictures on this blog, shouldn’t I?). It took about an hour, most of which was stringing the damn beads.

Oh, and if you heard about the explosion that melted the highway, don’t worry about us, it was pretty far away.



* Well, maybe a bit.

** Plus ça change. We had friends over for supper on Sunday and I made pork chops in a blackberry Zinfandel sauce that turned out quite well, if I do say so myself. The key ingredient was chili powder… don’t make that face, it was good. And I have a new favourite no-fuss dessert; pot au chocolat (1 cup scalded cream, 1 cup really good chocolate chips, 2 egg yolks and a couple tablespoons flavouring (rum, Cointreau, Chambord, brandy). Put it in a blender until the racket stops, pour into about six small cups or bowls, chill for at least 3 hours. Thanks, Peg Bracken!). I failed with the vegetables (peas and carrots, too sweet and bland for the other components and overcooked to boot) but I know better for next time. Broccoli or asparagus would have been a much better choice – something with a bit of acidity.

6 comments:

  1. rilla said...

    Huzzah! She lives! Post a pic of the necklace so we can oooh and aaah appropriately.  

  2. Anonymous said...

    You could always tell everyone that you are getting excited to come down and see Jenn and I get married...lol

    Can't wait to see you again  

  3. Romi said...

    Ooooh! I'd love to see the necklace! :)  

  4. Unknown said...

    you made little chocolate pots-they're awesome! The first time I ever made them I was about 12, and I over-estimated the appropriate portion sizes by about 4 times. Man, are they rich. Mmmmm.....  

  5. Anonymous said...

    Yo didn't happen to get a Beatles box set recently, did you?  

  6. Amy said...

    Rilla: On it, coach!

    Allan: On it, coach!

    Romi: Eek! Really? Um, I didn't expect you to see this! May I just say that you're a really great designer and I have one of your shawl pins that people are always asking me where I got such a cool thing?

    Drang: I considered putting an intensity warning on the pot de chocolate recipe, but then I figured what the hell, I'd leave it as a pleasant surprise. :) I found that sprinkling candied orange peel on top worked very well to cut the richness a bit.

    Zena: Heh, it does look like that, doesn't it? I'll try to find a new lyrics source for my next post.  

 

Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.