I realized with a start that today was the last day of 2009, Dec 31, and not just Day T-4 to the next milestone. Crunch time is... interesting. Not since university finals have I been so disassociated from the calendar.

But we did manage to grab some Christmas cheer; I attended the Dickens Faire with my airship crew:


More pix here, thanks to someone who's a much more dedicated photographer than I am. The uniforms are Laughing Moon #110 (Ladies 1890's Sporting Costumes With Leggings) with some military surplus belts and hats. I made them all (go me!) and it's definitely the most comfortable Victorian costume I've ever worn. A talented friend is working on custom belt buckles and cap pins, so if we're able to attend any other Steampunk events we'll look even better.* Miss Havisham even gave us a £5 bank draft and a dead mouse, we looked so good.**

And we went up to Cow-Town to see friends and fambly, and completely missed the horribly cold weather, and had a great time until we had to try to get back to the U.S. after the Crotch Bomber had struck. That was moderately hellish but it could have been a lot worse so I can't really complain too much. At least passengers are still allowed to wear pants, and we got home on the same day we'd planned to.

And now we have to go over to our friends' place for a party. You heard it right, we are not staying at home and being anti-social this year for New Year's! Amazing!



*And there will be four of us too!

** Charles Dickens? Great Expectations? Read a book!

3 comments:

  1. mmrilla said...

    I got all excited and clicked through all the pics before I saw your link to Miss Havisham, and when I found her accidentally, I was very pleased at the awesome costume she had put together.

    It's even more impressive that she gave you some gifties in Miss Havisham style.  

  2. Terry said...

    Costumes... AWESOME!
    Crunch time... Don't miss it.

    HAPPY NEW YEAR!  

  3. cenobyte said...

    Oh man.
    It's not a rule that you can't wear pants?

    Damn.  

 

Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.