To forestall any questions about the weather and us, we're fine. It has been a lot of rain, and a lot of wind, though, and even hail and tornadoes. There was a thunderstorm a few days ago too. Very unusual for the Bay Area, but also sort of exciting.

(as an indication of how acclimatized I've become, though, I walked out of the office last night and forgot my jacket. That's overcoming a lot of Saskatchewan training, right there.)

STO Open Beta is going pretty well, I've managed to sneak fixes in for some of the little things that were bothering me, and most of the big things that broke were not directly my fault.* And right now I'm not allowed to change anything because we're building The Release Version and TPTB** want that to be as simple as possible. So I'm sort of at loose ends today. It's an odd feeling.

And I must resist the lure of online shopping. Specifically, I must not go to the Fluevog site.

Again.

I think I might have a bit of a problem. I've never considered myself a shoe person; for the majority of my life I think I pretty much owned a pair of Sorels, a pair of sneakers and a pair of black pumps.*** But in the past five years... eesh. I'm afraid to count. And there's something specifically about Fluevogs. Like these and these and these and these.**** And the boots. Oh, goodness, the boots. I've managed to talk myself out of any boots because really, where would I wear them? Don't answer that.

The other thing I love about Fluevog, by the way, is their confirmation e-mails. From their last one: "It should be noted that when your order came in earlier, a few of us sat around at break and talked about how awesome your taste and decision-making ability was." I know it's boilerplate, but it still makes me feel warm and fuzzy. People are funny.





* Not directly. Some stuff I did broke because some other stuff on which mine depended was updated/fixed, and I'd not done my stuff in as robust a way as I ought to have. But I think that's all sorted out now.

** The Powers That Be

*** OK, OK, I'm not counting shoes required for specific activities like playing squash, hiking, or getting married.

**** Um, yeah. I own them all. In my defense, I never paid more than half price for any of them, and look at the discount on that last pair! 85% off! I was helpless! Stupid Fluevog clearance section. Stupid, stupid Fluevog clearance section.

7 comments:

  1. zena said...

    I'm not much of a shoe person either, but I recently bought 2 dressy pairs in the same year!

    I'm digging the Fluevogs but I need to get to a shop and try them on to see if they work. If they do, I foresee online shopping temptation.

    BTW, had to move my blog from Yahoo 360 last year. Am including the address, assuming the URL option works.  

  2. Amy said...

    Hey, great to hear from you! I'd wondered if you'd kept blogging after 360 closed; I will add you to my list forthwith.

    I don't have particularly hard to fit feet, but I find the 'vogs are very comfortable. And once you find a pair that fit you well, the company actually remembers and uses that to suggest sizes for other models (e.g. "You ordered the X shoe in a 9. But because you've previously ordered Y shoe in a 9 and X shoes run small, we suggest an X in a 9.5 for you"). It's marvelous, really.  

  3. alce said...

    I haven't worn high heels since I was in high school, but when I was in Seattle last month, I found myself trying on these. I left without buying them, but they preyed on my mind. So much so that, when I got back, I looked them up on Endless.com, and got $50 off and free shipping. (And can I wonder parenthetically why Amazon needs both its own Zappo's clone and Zappo's itself?)

    I guess I'm just saying that Fluevog is teh cute.  

  4. cenobyte said...

    Lies!!!

    You've accused me of having stolen your granny boots for YEARS!  

  5. Cori said...

    Fluevogs will some day own my soul. Right now, I only have one pair, but they are so comfy and awesome I doubt I'll be able to stop.  

  6. Amy said...

    Alce: I know!

    Ceno: I didn't count those granny boots because I'd only had them for a few weeks before you STOLE THEM!

    Cori: The Fluevog clearance page is your friend. Join us...  

  7. Unknown said...

    Shoes are great. I have to not buy any more for a while though, I think.  

 

Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.