Love is all you need

Well, the Yarn Harlot said something about that better than I could. In particular:

I personally am way, way more turned on and reassured about Joe's love when he cleans the bathroom than I am when he brings me flowers. Don't get me wrong buckaroos, I love the flowers, but they would be an entirely hollow gesture if the dude wasn't coming to bed smelling a little like Vim once in a while. A beautiful card would mean little to me if Joe were not an equal partner in parenting, and chocolates would taste a little off if they were given to me while I was felt I was being denied proper support for my career and education within our loving relationship.
But read the whole thing. I’m all for Valentine’s being a celebration of general love, not specific Hallmark measured-in-dollars love.

We’re having a sweets potluck at work today*, and I realized how much I’ve grown as a person. All of the many written references to this event have been to the “desert” potluck, and here I am not dressed in an abaya and handing around stuffed dates.

Linkage:

Recycle Your Heart
- My favourite is this.

Robot Valentines
- I gave the one at 6 o'clock to R:tAG. He gave me a little three-dimensional card that he had folded after I’d gone to sleep last night. That was the extent of our Valentine’s celebration, ‘cause every day is Valentine’s Day with R:tAG.

Anti-Valentines - just to provide balance.

Nine Key Points about Nutrition

Steampunk Costuming
- I should start thinking about GenCon costumes. Oh, oh, oh, I didn’t mention, did I? We’re going to GenCon, and Cenobyte’s coming too! I am wiggly with excitement! Y’all should come too! Squeee!




* I’m using up some of my Meyer lemons for my contribution with this recipe for Meyer Lemon Bites. They’re pretty good, though I had to tinker a bit (added water to the crust, doubled the amount of zest in the filling, didn’t bake them as long as indicated).

1 comments:

  1. Steve said...

    Silly question. Have you tried lemon sorbet with your excess Meyers? It probably my favorite use of excess lemon.  

 

Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.